Product and Process Development Engineer (1)
Vista Medical, Ltd is seeking a skilled Product and Process Development Engineer.
Vista is the World's only stretchable pressure sensing fabric manufacturer. Our products are sold around the world and in healthcare and consumer goods. Smart beds, healthcare monitoring systems and concussions sensors are some its innovative products.
Near term development needs are focused on not only bringing new and next generation products to the market but also enhancing production capabilities. New PCBs, packaging and support tools are on the list of projects pending. Equally if not more important the volume of orders is increasing which will require a retooling of the semi conductor production and assembly techniques to maintain quality goals and achieve a 10 fold growth in volume.
As a Product and Processes Development Engineer, you'll be responsible for:
- The full design lifecycle of products from product concept to production.
- Development, enhancement and maintenance of production tooling and equipment.
- Creating innovative designs using various materials (Smart fabrics, electronics and semi conductor materials) based on marketing specifications and latest industry trends and technology.
- Preparing design specifications, building scaled models, preparing estimates, and driving design to completion with testing and industrialization guidance.
This position is a key member of the new product development team which includes mechanical, electrical, and project engineering disciplines. This position will influence product features and functionality with the ultimate goal of bringing a leading product to market.
Requirements / Qualifications/ Experience:
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Emphasis in Computers
- 3 to 5 years of product design and development experience
- Excellent technical, presentation and writing skills
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team
- Viable experience using Solid Works
- Electromechanical packaging
- Design for manufacturability, injection molding, and machining
- Geometric dimensioning and tolerance
- Material selection
- Rapid Prototyping and 3D printing
- Reliability improvement
- Develops Design and Analysis methodologies and Best Practices
- Applied Dimensioning/Tolerance of Components and Assemblies
- Product Testing and Evaluation Methods
Vista Medical, Ltd is a leading biometrics sensor company based in Winnipeg. We are the World's only stretchable pressure sensing fabric manufacturer. Our sensors are used in medical, sports and consumer applications that take static surfaces and make them interactive, SMART, with a user's body. We are seeking talented thinkers and UI engineers who can envision next generation UI innovations that will deliver a rich, engaging and unmatched customer experience. In this role, you will design and implement new UI components in a variety of frameworks and technologies with an eye to reusability, accessibility, responsive design, and elegant engaging implementation.
We are seeking a UI Engineer with a strong background in digital, the latest technologies, and who takes pride in making sure that every line of code written is elegant in its simplicity, semantic, easily readable, and driven by robust unit testing. You like to reinvent yourself, but know how and when to work smart. You're a coder by nature, but you appreciate the art and importance of visual design and seek to support a sleek and flexible design system with elegant solutions to complex problems.
- Experience creating advanced UI applications using JQuery and Bootstrap
- Experience with C++, PhoneGap/Cordova and Xamarin a positive
- Proficiency at web components and creating reusable UI packages.
- Experience with version control systems, creating and managing releases, merging branches, and production level code deployment controls
- Experience with writing modular, componentized, semantic, responsive code
- Experience developing against RESTful services and/or APIs
- Experience in a test-driven development environment, writing full coverage unit tests, and configuring automated unit testing tools
- Work with an open-source UI framework team developing re-usable UI Components in a variety of technologies incorporate those into our framework.
- Work daily in modern HTML, JQuery and Bootstrap and many others tools and tech
- Support application teams with integration of components into applications, ensuring that components work together seamlessly and fulfill the needs of application consumers
- Effectively communicate technical standards
- Partner with backend developers to create elegant communication between backend services and UI Components where applicable
- Assist in the development and maintenance of helper applications, ensuring that example apps are up-to-date with the latest framework components and assistive technologies
- Pilot new technologies and develop reference applications to show the value of new tech across the organization
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 4 years of experience in HTML5
- 1 year of experience in JQuery and Bootstrap
- 1 year of experience with production level code and build tools
Linux Embedded Systems Engineer (1)
Linux Embedded Systems Engineer
- Develop processes, techniques and tools to accelerate real-time, embedded system design, implementation, and integration.
- Investigate, prototype and deliver new and innovative system solutions.
- Design, develop and verify firmware for embedded systems.
- Experience with SBC platforms.
- Participate in design reviews, API development, and documentation.
- Work with fast paced mobile customers.
- Perform tasks including debug, bring-up, Beta and production software development.
- Create and maintain good relationship and rapport with key customer technical staff.
Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of experience as an embedded systems engineer
- Expert embedded C programmer
- Knowledge of ARM architectures
- System level integration experience including open source packages
- Experience in Computer Science fundamentals: object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Experience in embedded software development methodology, flow, and tools, and demonstrated ability to learn fast in a new application area
- Experience in interpreting and implementing industry standards
- Experience using laboratory equipment (e.g., logic analyzer, digital oscilloscope)
- Experience reading and working from complex schematics
- Experience with Linux development environments
- Experience with one or more serial interfaces such as I2C, SPI, UART and I2S
- Experience in one or more of these areas: MEMS Sensors, IoT, BTLE, display, USB, touch, cameras, wireless, algorithm development
- Strong debugging/trouble-shooting skills of embedded systems
- Expertise with Linux kernel and device drivers development
- Experience with in Android application development
- Technical writing skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills